We are all now living in unprecedented times, which also includes the day to day operations of the Seddon Cricket Club being affected by COVID-19.
That being the case, please see below for an update on the club:
1) As most of you know, the VTCA have now announced that all Grand Finals have been cancelled. The VTCA advised earlier today that "it is unfortunate that we will also be calling off the conclusion to our Grand Final matches immediately." They went on to further advise that "Any decisions on the awarding of Premierships will be made in coming days as will the distributions of player awards as our Presentation Night will also be required to be cancelled on the advise received overnight."
2) That being the case, we are now liaising with Tullamarine to come down to the rooms on Saturday to collect their medals and (small) flag for winning the 1 West 2nds GF on first innings. There will be speeches and presentations. This will likely be at 1pm on Saturday.
3) In addition to Tullamarine coming down to the rooms on Saturday, the rooms will be open from 12pm on Saturday for club members to collect belongings and get together with other club members to celebrate the season just completed. We will also be cleaning the rooms this Saturday for Council handover early next week, so all help will be appreciated on Saturday. You might even get a FREE beer or two!!!!
4) I have also sought advice from Council and have been advised that the clubrooms are not closed (for the time being) and gatherings of less than 1o0 people are acceptable as per Federal Government guidelines.
5) The slate is required to be finalised by Saturday at the very latest. This includes all drinks, match fees and/or clothing monies outstanding and listed on the slate. The slate will not be operational on Saturday. Please pay off your slate tomorrow night, on Saturday are via EFT ASAP.
6) For those not attending farewell dinner/drinks for Kevin McClean at Hardiman’s Hotel (7pm start), the rooms will be open tomorrow night. Please note: I have spoken to Hardiman's Hotel today and booked for 10 people, which means only another 90 people can be in the venue at the same time.
7) Senior Presentation night has been postponed and rescheduled for another date - hopefully this year. We will await further advice from Cricket Australia/Victoria on when it is appropriate to reschedule end of season awards. Please note: All award winners were finalised last night at the March committee meeting, with trophy orders being placed shortly.
8) Finally, please stay away from the clubrooms over the next couple of days if you have flu-like symptoms or just feeling unwell.
I will provide additional club updates as they come to hand in the coming weeks and months ahead.
If you have any questions or enquiries, please do not hesitate to get in contact with myself or other committee members.