We are all now living in unprecedented times, which also includes the day to day operations of the Seddon Cricket Club being affected by COVID-19.
That being the case, please see below for an update on the club:
1) As most of you know, the VTCA have now announced that all Grand Finals have been cancelled. The VTCA advised earlier today that "it is unfortunate that we will also be calling off the conclusion to our Grand Final matches immediately." They went on to further advise that "Any decisions on the awarding of Premierships will be made in coming days as will the distributions of player awards as our Presentation Night will also be required to be cancelled on the advise received overnight."
2) That being the case, we are now liaising with Tullamarine to come down to the rooms on Saturday to collect their medals and (small) flag for winning the 1 West 2nds GF on first innings. There will be speeches and presentations. This will likely be at 1pm on Saturday.
3) In addition to Tullamarine coming down to the rooms on Saturday, the rooms will be open from 12pm on Saturday for club members to collect belongings and get together with other club members to celebrate the season just completed. We will also be cleaning the rooms this Saturday for Council handover early next week, so all help will be appreciated on Saturday. You might even get a FREE beer or two!!!!
4) I have also sought advice from Council and have been advised that the clubrooms are not closed (for the time being) and gatherings of less than 1o0 people are acceptable as per Federal Government guidelines.
5) The slate is required to be finalised by Saturday at the very latest. This includes all drinks, match fees and/or clothing monies outstanding and listed on the slate. The slate will not be operational on Saturday. Please pay off your slate tomorrow night, on Saturday are via EFT ASAP.
6) For those not attending farewell dinner/drinks for Kevin McClean at Hardiman’s Hotel (7pm start), the rooms will be open tomorrow night. Please note: I have spoken to Hardiman's Hotel today and booked for 10 people, which means only another 90 people can be in the venue at the same time.
7) Senior Presentation night has been postponed and rescheduled for another date - hopefully this year. We will await further advice from Cricket Australia/Victoria on when it is appropriate to reschedule end of season awards. Please note: All award winners were finalised last night at the March committee meeting, with trophy orders being placed shortly.
8) Finally, please stay away from the clubrooms over the next couple of days if you have flu-like symptoms or just feeling unwell.
I will provide additional club updates as they come to hand in the coming weeks and months ahead.
If you have any questions or enquiries, please do not hesitate to get in contact with myself or other committee members.
Seddon had four sides playing in Grand Finals this season across the juniors and seniors. The U13B Friday East and Saturday South sides both won their finals making it an exceptionally successful year for the junior club. Additionally, the Senior 3rds won the VTCA's C3 competition, claiming the Club's first Senior flag since 2016/17.
Details on each of the four Grand Finals is as follows:
Under 13B Friday East
The U13B Friday East team were victorious in their Grand Final, beating Aberfeldie St Johns by 26 runs. Jesse Falloon starred for the Dockers, top scoring with 33 not out (including 4 boundaries) and taking 2 wickets.
Scorecard on MyCricket
Under 13B Saturday South
Our U13B Saturday South side were also successful in their Grand Final against Werribee at Galvin Park. It was a dominant win for Seddon who made 112 and bowled out Werribee for 59. Xavier Healey took 3-5 in his 5 overs for Seddon. Xavier then combined with Jake Cikala with the bat to ensure the victory for Seddon. Jake top scored with 26 while Xavier completed his performance with 23 not out.
Scorecard on MyCricket
The Dockers 3rds stormed home to a Grand Final win against Aberfeldie Park at Hansen Reserve. Bowling first, the Dockers dismissed Aberfeldie Park for just 88 in 33.1 overs. Jonah Duckworth spearheaded the attack taking the first two wickets before Paul Heron returned the best figures of 3-9 in his 6 overs. The reply from Seddon was comprehensive, reaching the target in just 25 overs with the loss of only one wicket. Best on Field, Tom Kriebardis was in belligerent form with the bat, top scoring with 50 not out. Ash Hudson returned from injury to finish the job with 25 not out as Seddon secured the Ken Eastwood Shield.
Scorecard on MyCricket
Date: Friday, 3 April, 2020
Venue: Hardimans Hotel (Clarence Room) - 521 Macaulay Road, Kensington
Cost: $50 per person
Presentation Night this year will be at Hardimans Hotel (Kensington) on Friday 3 April.
This year we are once again changing the venue of the annual Presentation night, with the venue Hardimans Hotel in Kensington. Hardimans is a new sponsor of the club this season.
We have the upstairs deck set aside for pre-drinks at 6pm and entrees at 6.30pm, followed by moving inside to the 'Clarence Room' at 7.30pm for dinner and the official presentations.
We encourage you to get out your best gear and bring along your partner to this once a year event! It's sure to be a great night.
To help us pre-book correct numbers we're looking for confirmation of attendees ASAP and full payment by Friday 27 March (one week beforehand).
Payment is via the Seddon CC bank account or over the bar before Friday 27 March. See details below.
Costs: $50 per person
BSB: 063 181
Email your EFT payment "Reference" to: email@example.com
Details are as follows:
Friday 3 April
Hardimans Hotel (Clarence Room) - 521 Macaulay Road, Kensington
6pm (pre-drinks) till late
Entrees at 6.30pm, dinner at 8pm
Drinks at bar prices
Dress: Stylish casual
Please advise if you have any dietary requirements.
Come along and celebrate the achievements, good times and everything else in between of the Seddon Dockers Cricket Club for season 2019/20.