Based on Cricket Victoria's 'Roadmap for the return of community cricket' (see attached), it is assumed that as part of Step 3 the VTCA's proposed start date of Saturday 21 November will proceed as planned. The VTCA have also released the fixtures for all 1st and 2nd XI matches this season (please see attached). The fixtures for the lower grades will be released in the next week or so.
With that in mind, Captain/Coach Liam Braithwaite has developed a training schedule that includes senior training commencing on Thursday 5 November (noting Cup Day on Tuesday 3 November) and proposed practice matches with Yarraville Club CC on Saturday 14 November. If anything changes with the training schedule, we will advise club members accordingly.
Please note: Individual training - not club based training - can now take place in groups of up to 10 on the strict proviso that participants in the groups come from no more than two households and are within 25km of their primary residence.
When we return to training and playing, the club will be adopting Cricket Victoria's up to date COVID safe plan for clubs. Cricket Victoria are currently working on a revised version in line with yesterday's State Government announcements. This will include some of the following measures:
- Training in three groups of 11 (plus the coach), with a maximum of two groups per oval and one group in the nets.
- Display of COVID safe signage around the ovals and facilities
- QR code training attendance register process
- Hand sanitising stations with State Government and Cricket Australia hygiene products
- Ball and equipment sanitising procedures
- COVID Safe Officers for each senior side
- COVID safe policies for drinks breaks and afternoon teas.
Cricket Victoria have advised we need to play our part in complying with the State Government's directions with the motto of "Cricket in a Pandemic is a privilege not a right”. The Club will be taking this compliance very seriously.